Medicare Part D
Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
You may not need to take many prescription drugs right now, but it’s a good idea to be sure you have coverage, if it becomes part of your future. It’s important to have a drug plan in place if you do not have any other creditable drug coverage.
- Prescription drug coverage is not an automatic for most people – you must sign up
- Covers a variety of brand-name and generic prescription drugs
- Includes a monthly premium for drug coverage
- Includes deductibles and co-payments
- A late-enrollment penalty my apply if you do not enroll when first eligible unless you have other creditable drug coverage.
- Medicare Part D is optional, if you delay enrollment once eligible, penalties may apply
- Part D coverage levels can vary from plan to plan; including the covered drug formulary
- Covers name brand as well as generic medications
- Additional financial assistance available for those that qualify for Low-Income-Subsidy (LIS)